Keeping you safe during Covid-19
We are following Governor Murphy's executive orders as well as guidelines provided by Rutgers Cooperative Extension for Pick Your Own Farms in regards to Covid-19. Please see https://onfarmfoodsafety.rutgers.edu/covid-19-information/ for information.
Remember to follow social distancing while picking.
Make use of our hand wash station.
Masks are required at checkout.
You can bring your own containers or purchase a re-use box for $1.00.
Opening Day, Friday, June 4th!
Special Hours for Seniors:
9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Wednesday and Thursday (closed Monday and Tuesday)
3:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
U-Pick: $3.75 per lb. We pick: $7.00 per quart
Large orders can be arranged by calling (908) 418-7578 or by email email@example.com
Due to our insurance policy and USDA Food Safety Regulations we ask that you leave your dog at home.
- Please keep in mind that if it is raining, we will be closed as it is not good to pick wet berries.
- Bring the whole family. Picking is fun for all ages!
- Use our picking trays and easy carry basket or bring your own container! If you are a repeat customer and previously used our picking tray, wipe it out and reuse it.
- Best Berries to Pick: Berries that are entirely red taste the best! Be sure to ask about our different varieties and where to find them when you arrive.
- Picking Tips:
- Be sure to look under the leaves of the plants, the strawberries like to hide under the leaves.
- Bring a hat, sunscreen and a water bottle. It gets hot out there!
- Please walk slowly through the field to avoid damage to the plants and the berries.
- We do not charge to enter our fields, so please be honest and pay for what you pick!
- Pay by cash, check or credit card.
We allow you to taste test while out in the field. We want you to be happy with the variety that you pick!
Sprays and Pesticides
Here at the Peterson Farm, we believe in keeping our family and yours healthy. In an effort to keep the bees and environment safe, we use Integrated Pest Management to reduce the use of chemicals.
Preserve your berries
Enjoy the berries all year…